Class Calendar

Friday, April 23, 2010

NEW Tim Holtz Dies Have Landed at CP2!

You've been wanting them for a long time and now you can add them to your tools. The NEW Tim Holtz Alterations Dies by Sizzix are here and they are calling your name! These dies are very unique and they capture Tim Holtz' grungy chic style perfectly. They're made to work in tandem with his Distress Ink line and rubber stamps by Stamper's Anonymous. They're going fast, but don't worry...if you missed out on a set you want, just let Nancy know and she will be happy to order it for you.

You might be wondering if they are compatible with the CuttleBug and I am happy to report that, YES, they are! Here's some pics and info, that you might find useful:

You'll need a Tim Holtz Alterations Die, a piece of cardstock (or fabric, or metallic foil, etc.), 2 "B" plates, and your CuttleBug.


Stacking from the bottom up: start with one of the "B" plates, next add the cardstock, then the Alterations Die (facing down), and lastly, the second "B" plate.


Run this sandwich through your CuttleBug as you normally would.


Then enjoy the fruits of your labor and create something fabulous!


What did I do with the pieces I cut out? I created this super quick and easy card. I would normally never condone creating a card without some sort of stamping and I'm sure Nancy would be in full agreement with that, however, these dies are so beautiful and stylish, I was willing to make an exception on this occasion. After I cut out my pieces, this card took just 10 minutes to assemble. Now, let's say it all together, "Tim Holtz is a genuis"! ;D

1 comment:

  1. I agree. The man is a genius! Love your 10-minute card! The pieces are perfectly placed....

    ReplyDelete